Saturday, February 13, 2016

Valentine's Day Hoax?

Valentine's Day is a hoax. It isn't real. Just commercialized, common greed. Don't get me wrong, i think it is a great day to tell someone you love them. Why do it on just one day though? Tell someone you love them every day. Did St. Valentine know what would become of his name in the future? St. Valentine never intended his acts of service to be memorialized or praised. He simply was kind. Little did he know that his name would be over-produced and used for profit.

This holiday makes men feel guilty if they don't buy anything for their special someone even though love can be expressed so simply. Men and women shouldn't have to be reminded to go buy their better half flowers. Love should be expressed every day not just on special occasions like St. Valentine's Day. Love doesn't have to be expressed through material objects. Tell your special some one how much they mean to you. Do the dishes without them asking you. Simple things like this show love. Write a card to someone. I know for a fact whenever I get a note that says someone cares about me I am delighted. Show love everyday, to everyone.

4 comments:

  1. "show love every day" this makes me happy and reminds me of the little crayon written notes i used to give away.... maybe ill start that again

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Why do it on just one day though? Tell someone you love them every day"
    yessssss yessss
    and I love the killers and twenty one pilots so I'll definitely be listening to your music

    ReplyDelete